|Job Title||ALS Educator|
Company: Transformative Healthcare
Position: ALS Educator
Hours: Full Time, Day Shift (some evening and weekends may be required)
Location: Dedham, MA
The ALS Educator will work under the general direction of the Director of Education.
Our ideal candidate will focus on ALS education programs and equipment including but not limited to ACLS, CPR, Orientation & equipment in-service. This role is also responsible for instruction of training programs arranged by the Training & Education Department. The ALS Educator will be assisting in the oversight of the online education program and generating new course content, compiling weekly reports, and maintaining records according to OEMS standards. Travel to and from in-services will be required.
Reports To: Director of Education
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
- Current Paramedic certification with two years of experience
- Current Healthcare provider CPR Card
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) CPR instructor credential or willing to obtain in house
- Current AHA or National Safety Council First Aid Instructor credential
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication
- Must be able to handle conflict situations with good judgment, professionalism and
- Must have a working knowledge of Windows OS, MS Office applications and other similar software bundles (or ability to demonstrate)
- Must be knowledgeable of state and federal regulations, company policies, and
- Must possess excellent customer service
- Needs to communicate tactfully and sensitively to employees, patients, and medical staff.
- Must speak English clearly and write English legibly.
- Flexible hours that may include some evenings and weekends to accomplish
- ALS lifting requirements, sitting or standing for an extended period of time (in excess of 5 hours), Lifting of training and equipment and books (consistent with ALS requirements).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Presents approved training programs for Fallon Ambulance Service
- Responsible for any in-service as directed by the Training and Education Department
- Completes and submits course rosters and generates course content
- Contacts facilities and confirms courses
- Oversees RSVP program and list of course attendees
- Arrives at scheduled courses in a timely fashion
- Maintains and restocks any training supplies necessary
- Responsible for other projects assigned by the Training and Education Department
Click here to review the complete job description