|Job Title||BLS Educator|
*Position is based out of Dedham,MA
Company: Transformative Healthcare
Position: BLS Educator
Hours: Full Time- flexible Days (evening and weekends may be required)
Location: Dedham, MA
Our ideal candidate will focus on in-service programs including but not limited to CPR courses, Orientation, municipal training and any other requested courses scheduled at contracted facilities and any community outreach programs within the Fallon Ambulance Service area. This role is also responsible for instruction of training programs arranged by the Training & Education Department. The BLS Educator will be assisting in the oversight of the online education program and on generating new course content, compiling weekly reports, and maintaining records according to OEMS standards. Travel to and from in-services will be required.
Reports To: Director of Education
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
- Current EMT certification or higher with two years of experience
- Current Healthcare provider CPR Card
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) CPR instructor credential or willing to obtain in house
- Current AHA or National Safety Council First Aid Instructor credential
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to handle conflict situations with good judgment, professionalism and courtesy.
- Must have a working knowledge of Windows OS, MS Office applications and other similar software bundles (or ability to demonstrate)
- Must be knowledgeable of state and federal regulations, company policies, and procedures.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Needs to communicate tactfully and sensitively to employees, patients, and medical staff.
- Must speak English clearly and write English legibly.
- Flexible hours that may include some evenings and weekends to accomplish goals.
- BLS lifting requirements, sitting or standing for an extended period of time (in excess of 5 hours), Lifting of training and equipment and books (consistent with BLS requirements).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Presents approved training programs for Fallon Ambulance Service
- Responsible for any in-service as directed by the Training and Education Department
- Completes and submits course rosters and generates course content
- Contacts facilities and confirms courses
- Oversees RSVP program and list of course attendees
- Arrives at scheduled courses in a timely fashion
- Maintains and restocks any training supplies necessary
- Responsible for other projects assigned by the Training and Education Department