|Job Title||Emergency Call Center Representative|
POSITION- Emergency Call Center Rep/911 Communications Call Taker (Quincy, MA)
Fallon Ambulance & Transformative Healthcare is currently seeking Full Time Emergency Call Center Reps
Are you interested in an entry-level, communications career where you help people and make a difference every day? If so, this may be the job for you. Fallon Ambulance and Transformative healthcare is a top leader in the emergency response industry in the Boston Area and expanding due to the ever-growing EMS market. Our Call Takers in our Communications call center save lives by providing a rapid response and collaborative team approach handling over hundreds of calls a day. If you like helping people, are good at customer service, and excel at hands on learning and online trainings while working your way to a rewarding long-term career, our call-center is the right place for you.
Training: First 60 days Monday- Friday 10am-6pm with some 2pm- 10pm shifts.
Permanent Shift: 2:00pm - 10:00pm including one weekend shift (Sat or Sun)
Some 6am-2pm and 10pm- 6am shifts may be available at times for coverage
- Additional Requirements
- Able to prioritize the most important situations, and think quickly in pressured situations
- Ability to learn Emergency Medical Dispatching and Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD)
- Obtain medical emergency information by ascertaining the nature of the problem, calm the caller, and remain on the line until help arrives.
- Document actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and record following and enforcing standards and emergency protocols
- Ability to use hands, eyes and ears to operate dispatching equipment and other related emergency equipment at efficient speed.
- Subject to background check
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Minimum typing speed of 40 WPM
- Minimum of 1 year experience in high-volume emergency, call center, care center, medical setting required.
- Demonstrated skill in typing, data entry, and record keeping.
- Position requires the ability to sit for long periods.
- Punctuality, organizational skills, and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Work well under pressure and stressful situations; exhibit emotional control
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral Bonuses/401k and more!
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place